When is the last frost-free date in New York City area?
- Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and Bronx: April 1st - 10th
- Staten Island: April 11th - 20th
- Yonkers: April 11th - 20th
- White Plains: April 21st - 30th
- Western Long Island: April 21st - 30th
- Yorktown Heights: May 1st - 10th
Bear in mind that these dates are approximate. We can get a late frost in any year. Also, any specific location can have a microclimate that is different from the surrounding region.
For tips on a variety of gardening topics, see our Plant Information Guides.
- Courtesy of NYBG Plant Information Service