Q. I have an old tree. How can I remove it?


Unless your tree is quite small, it is strongly advised that you hire a professional arborist to cut it down. Felling a large tree can be a dangerous project and can easily lead to serious injury if not done properly. Most states have a website for certified arborists. In New York consult the New York State Arborists' Membership Directory.

If you decide to do the work yourself, several website are available that take you through the process step by step. Here are two:



Be sure to follow all the safety precautions carefully.

Courtesy of the NYBG Plant Information Service

  • Last Updated Apr 02, 2018
  • Views 40
  • Answered By Anita Finkle

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us with your Question by Email

Can't find an answer in our FAQ? Try our Plant and Gardening Guides.

OR, a plant expert will answer your individual plant and garden questions if you contact us by email or use the Quick Form below. Click on the link to send us an email:

Or Submit a Quick Question for a Plant Expert Here

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.