Q. Are any of the plants at the botanical gardens poisonous?

My daughter and I were playing in the garden right adjacent to the herb garden there are plants under the tree with green soft seed vs pods. She tried to eat one but spit it out. I tried to see which plant and the label was convallia majalis? I maybe remembering that wrong. She has no symptoms acting normally eating normally.

Answer

Yes, there are naturally toxic plants everywhere. That is what protects them from pests and animals. If you daughter has a bad reaction to lily of the valley it would have happen right away, if she eat it. Here is the hotline if you want to make sure.  Always know the national poison control center contact number. (1-800-222-1222).

 

Hope all is okay.

Topics

  • Last Updated Jul 20, 2018
  • Views 20
  • Answered By Anita Finkle

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us with your Question by Email

Can't find an answer in our FAQ? Try our Plant and Gardening Guides.

OR, a plant expert will answer your individual plant and garden questions if you contact us by email or use the Quick Form below. Click on the link to send us an email:

Or Submit a Quick Question for a Plant Expert Here

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.