Q. What should I do about lantern flies that are on one of my tree trunks?


This invasive species is of such enormous concern to agriculture that state notification of your sighting is considered essential. You should contact your county's cooperative extension office for information on the products licensed for use in your location to deal with the lantern flies and your state's department of agriculture to report the sighting.

If you need any assistance in locating contact details for the extension office or your department of agriculture notification system please let us know at Plantinfo@NYBG.org and we would be happy to help you.

Courtesy of NYBG Plant Information Service

  • Last Updated Jan 19, 2021
  • Views 1
  • Answered By Leslie Coleman

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us with your Question by Email

Can't find an answer in our FAQ? Try our Plant and Gardening Guides.

OR, a plant expert will answer your individual plant and garden questions if you contact us by email or use the Quick Form below. Click on the link to send us an email:

Or Submit a Quick Question for a Plant Expert Here

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.